Today's safety snippet from camp is all about weather conditions in the mountains. As Camp Impeesa is located in a mountain environment the weather each day can vary quite considerably. Conditions change rapidly and can be unpredictable at times. Here are a few tips you can share with your camper as they prepare to come to camp.
- pack proper clothing for a wide variety of conditions.
- a rain jacket and pants are ideal, ponchos are not a good option. Proper rain wear can double as a wind layer at times when as weather system changes that brings high wind and cooler temperatures to the area.
- your camper should have proper footwear including a sturdy pair of boots
- warmth layers are a great idea including long pants and tops for those times the temperature does drop, especially in the evening.
- during summer storms that involve high winds, thunder and/or lightning our camp staff follow our risk and safety procedures to ensure campers well being is top priority
- For the best weather forecast closest to Camp Impeesa try looking at the weather for Castle Mountain Ski Resort