Today's safety snippet from camp is all about Mosquitos. This year we have noticed a big increase in the number of mosquitos at camp so your child may return from camp with the results of their bites. Here are a few tips you can share with your camper as they prepare to come to camp.
- teach and show them how to apply bug spray to themselves
- remind them to try not to scratch their bites to discourage open sores or scabs
- pack at least one pair of long pants and a long sleeve shirt or top, loose fit is best. Tight clothing will not stop the mosquitos bite.
- send along afterbite, calamine lotion or similar anti ich treatment. We do have some at camp but it is nice for campers to have their own
- send along children's benadryl if you are aware that you child is more reactive to mosquitos and other biting insects.