Working at Camp Impeesa is a life changing and upmost rewarding experience. Our small staff team become a family of hard working and caring individuals in just a few short months. Our staff shares a common bond and love for the outdoors, adventure, working with children and developing self-worth. Staff are supported from the day they are hired until the last day of camp. We take the time to provide hands on, experiential training and give time for staff to develop the skills they will require to do the job.
Camp Impeesa is interested in staff who:
- Are fully committed to the summer camp experience
- Are youth focused
- Enjoy being outdoors and comfortable in all types of weather
- Are not afraid to participate in all camp activity along side campers
- Can accept constructive feedback and have full open communication
- Are willing to go above and beyond to help out in all areas and aspects of camp
- Can accept that camp is NOT a 9 to 5 job
- Will work evenings and weekends
- Can commit to 4 months living, breathing and being at camp
- Can abide by and follow all camp policies and procedures
What are the Benefits of working at camp:
- Training, to gain experience and knowledge of our programs and it’s delivery. All staff are paid during staff training
- Wilderness First Aid certification. Is offered to our staff in the spring at no cost to our staff.
- Very little expenses over the summer. We cover your room and board and pay you while you are working at camp.
- Experience and resume building. Camp adds a lot to anybody’s resume for future employment opportunity.
What can you expect from Camp?
A place to stay – All staff are provided with full room and board while working at camp. Our onsite cook that will provide all staff and participants with meals and snacks. In the spring staff may share a common kitchen and make there own meals, also sharing the responsibility of cooking, organizing and cleaning up after each other. Staff will live on site in one of our rustic cabins, tents or yurts with access to full bathrooms, showers and laundry close by. Salary – All staff are paid for the great job they do throughout the spring and summer at our camps. Salary is based on the job position and the number of seasons at camp. Staff Training – All staff will take part in mandatory staff training which takes place at our various camp locations and will be on-going during the spring and beginning of summer. We will cover all aspects of camp life, our programs and procedures. Once training begins ALL staff will be expected to be at camp for the duration of the training. Once our spring camp training is complete staff will take part in our will complete summer camp training after our spring session is over in June. All staff will participate in a backpacking training and wilderness camping sessions. At Camp Impeesa staff can expect a variety of experiences and adventures with a lot of hard work and effort. We always have fun and camp definitely makes for a rewarding and exciting summer.
Ready to join the Adventure?
Available Camp Jobs: For more information about our positions please click on the job description.